Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Procedure is performed under general anaesthesia
- For vaginoplasty surgery and hymenoplasty, the incisions are made to the mucosal walls inside the vagina. For a labiaplasty and clitoral hood plasty, the incisions are made in the natural skin creases and hence are hardly visible.
- There may be a combination of labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, with or without hymenoplasty and G-spot enhancement.
- Labiaplasty entails trimming of excess tissue from labia minora and labia majora to remove laxity and restore youthful appearance. It involves removal of excess tissue from the labia minora, labia majora or both.
- Vaginoplasty involves strategic trimming of vaginal lining and tightening of vaginal musculature.
- Hymenoplasty (re-virgination) reduces the vaginal opening to virginal state by re-fashioning the hymen remnants.
- G spot enhancement improves the projection of the G spot by grafting of patients own fatty tissue.
- Clitoral hood remodelling reduces the excess hooding tissue of the clitoris to balance its aesthetics.
Immediately after your vaginal rejuvenation
There will hardly be any dressing and you will be asked to wear a sanitary napkin and comfortable undergarments. There may be some minor bleeding
There may be some bruising and swelling in the perineal region in the initial post-operative period.
In addition, you may experience minor discomfort, which can be controlled by medication.
Recovery time frame after vaginal rejuvenation
It is vitally important that you follow all patient care instructions provided by your surgeon.
You will be prescribed some antibiotics, painkillers and medicines to reduce swelling and hasten healing.
You may also need to wear pressure garments if advised
Bed rest is advised for a day or two. Kegel exercises will be prescribed which you will have to perform regularly to enhance your results.
You may return to work between three to seven days, depending on your activity level. The period varies as per the exact procedure done and individuals capacity.
You should refrain from engaging in sexual intercourse for 4-6 weeks.
Results of a vaginal rejuvenation procedure are intended to be permanent.
However, significant weight gain or a subsequent pregnancy can alter the results.
All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Some of the potential complications of all surgeries are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
You can help minimize certain risks by following the advice and instructions of the doctor, both before and after your vaginal rejuvenation surgery.